Which is better?

onepiece

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay let me give an well explained opinion.

In terms of graphics, Intel is no match for the graphics offerings of AMD in discrete graphics/ or iGPU(Integrated GPU). AMD of course, is a company the produces GPU/Video Cards for Virtual Reality PCs(LiquidVR), Console graphics(Such as Playstation, XBOX One and Nintendo Wii U), and Gaming and Business consumer GPUs. Therefore; they are well versed on these field, same with NVIDIA. If you want cheap GPU solution that provides high quality graphics, choose AMD. Please take note that you must be ready to pay more expensive electricity since AMD products consume more electricity unlike other competitors such as NVIDIA. If you have the money to purchase more, then buy NVIDIA, as it will give better performance, just make sure it is a GTX series GPUs.

In terms of CPU, Intel is much better in CPUs than AMD. Even though AMD might offer 8-core FX CPUs(Such as AMD FX-8350). It is still no match for Intel core i7 CPUs, as an 8 core AMD CPU is only a quad-core CPU in intel. AMD CPUs are based on their Bulldozer architecture wherein 2 cores per module, wherein modules are assumed physical cores and the 2 cores in the module are assumed virtual cores, but actually they are also physical cores, and the module is only part of the architecture that is holding them together. Therefore; AMD has weaker IPC(instructions per clock) performance. Intel on the other hand has more powerful cores than AMD, that is due to Hyperthreading wherein 1 core can process 2 threads at the same time, thus having a quad core i7 CPU can perform 8 threads at once. Thus; giving better performance on both single threading and multi threading. Generally speaking, Intel performs better than AMD in processor, neither in workstation/business computing or in gaming.

NOTE:

Products such as Palit, MSI GPUs, ASUS GPUs, are submanufacturer products of AMD and NVIDIA. Generally speaking, the technology or build of the GPU are owned by neither AMD or NVIDIA, they are just licensing their IP for GPU production. Kaya pag bumibili kayo ng Video Cards diba may nakalagay na ASUS NVIDIA GTX 980ti or Sapphire Radeon R9 380? They didn't own the video card design and techonology, they just license it for manufacture