Two Students Arrested For Hacking Into School System To Change Score

lolsee2

Two students from a college in Shanghai's Songjiang District have been arrested for allegedly breaking into their school's computer systems to change their grades.

The college students named Chen and Zhang didn't attend the morning physical education class regularly.  So, they decided to break into the college's system and change their scores in December 2013.

After students heard about their successful effort, other students turned to them for help.

According to Shanghai Daily report, they charged 15 yuan to 20 yuan for each change they made in school's database.

They earned more than 80,000 yuan(more than $12,000) by helping over 200 students.

The school noticed the false records in March and fixed the vulnerability that allowed them to change the scores.

The suspects were arrested after police was called in to investigate.

More and more high school and college students turn to such methods to bump their grades. We’ve seen numerous cases in the United States over the past period. Last week, a Miami high-school student was arrested after he changed his own grades and the ones of four others.

source:

http://www.ehackingnews.com/2014/05/two-students-arrested-for-h4cking-into.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

h4cking in college? Wow..

Personally if I were to h4ck a college system, I wouldn't tell anyone about it.

The risk is high enough, so why would you want to double it up by spreading the word?

Anyway great post! Amazing what people can do nowadays..

The worlds changing right before our eyes

^so deep lol

• 2 months later...